In the African American community there is a large disparity when it comes to healthy food choices. The term...
[VIDEO] Young Black Youth Offers Brilliant Response to “Food Deserts” in their Communities
Toh Sheng Jie Uses Special Interest for Business Success
Arts & Entertainment
How this Autistic designer is taking the Fashion world by storm
Autism is often categorized by three things: rigid schedules, stimming (self-stimulation such as flapping hands, tapping, or rocking), and...
My Black Girls Lead Experience
Kamari Barnett, an Atlanta Teen, Takes Us Behind The Scenes at Black Girls Lead
By: Kamari Barnett There is much to be said about the Black Girls Rock conference. It is empowering, inspiring,...
Black Iris Project Brings Black Skin In Motion To The Stage [Video]
Jeremy McQueen wants to quash the notion that black bodies can’t perform beautiful ballet.
Choreographer Jeremy McQueen established the Black Iris Project earlier this year from an idea he developed in 2013. Inspired...
Future Photomakers Foster Love of Photography in Atlanta Students
Arts & Entertainment
Twelve middle school students will soon showcase their work despite decreasing public arts funding in Georgia.
Aida, Bryce, Colin, Earicka, Hasina, Jade, Jalin, Lauren, Nate and Ruth –sixth, seventh, and eighth graders from Sutton Middle...
Youth Activist Leads the Charge for Education Equality in Detroit, Michigan
16-year old Tarius Porter embraces peaceful protest and the right to check the government
Time and time again the younger generation has proven themselves to be worthwhile candidates for a new era...
Armed with Social Media and Ready to Change the World
Chicago youth activists feel certain the #BlackLivesMatter movement will not fade away anytime soon
A new manifestation of the civil rights movement has been taking the world by storm. Alicia Garza, co-founder of...
Hip-Hop has notoriously been portrayed as a genre of music that glamorizes drugs, sex, and the objectification of women....
10- Year-old Holds Confidence Conference for Young Girls
Empowerment, On the RYSE, Youth on the RYSE
Young Philanthropist Olivia Allen Encourages Young Girls Everywhere
Olivia Allen of Louisville, KY held a conference last month called “I Can Be: Girls Confidence Conference” to...
- Janet Mock strikes a historic POSE as the first trans director of color on a television series
- A Shot At $2 Million: Atlanta Hosts the Super 16 Round of the Basketball Tournament
- Transitioning Into Adulthood with ADLT 101 Founder Jennifer Jackson
- You Woke? Do the Work: Tarana Burke, Tamika Mallory and Symone Sanders Talk Accountability
- Black Women Are Heading The Criminal Justice Department In This Georgia City And Making History
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Two Entrepreneurs Leverage The Power Of Relationships To Have A Positive Impact In Their Community
- Bernie Sanders May Have Won Wisconsin, But Wisconsin Lost Itself
- Beauty Standards
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- Social Media
- Women's history month