A white woman is apologizing for her actions after a viral video that eerily evoked feelings similar to those...
“#CornerstoreCaroline” Apologizes To Black Boy She Falsely Accused Of Sexual Assault
8-Year-Old Barber Neijae Graham-Henries Celebrates Passing Barber Training By Giving Free Haircuts To The Community Empowerment, Featured, Youth on the RYSE
Servicing her community, entrepreneur in training Neijae offers free haircuts to kids in her neighborhood
Neijae Graham-Henries has a philanthropic spirit that is to be admired. This past summer, the 8-year-old Philadelphia resident attended the...
Toh Sheng Jie Uses Special Interest for Business Success Arts & Entertainment
How this Autistic designer is taking the Fashion world by storm
Autism is often categorized by three things: rigid schedules, stimming (self-stimulation such as flapping hands, tapping, or rocking), and...
My Black Girls Lead Experience Empowerment
Kamari Barnett, an Atlanta Teen, Takes Us Behind The Scenes at Black Girls Lead
By: Kamari Barnett There is much to be said about the Black Girls Rock conference. It is empowering, inspiring,...
Black Iris Project Brings Black Skin In Motion To The Stage [Video] Empowerment
Jeremy McQueen wants to quash the notion that black bodies can’t perform beautiful ballet.
Choreographer Jeremy McQueen established the Black Iris Project earlier this year from an idea he developed in 2013. Inspired...
Future Photomakers Foster Love of Photography in Atlanta Students Arts & Entertainment
Twelve middle school students will soon showcase their work despite decreasing public arts funding in Georgia.
Aida, Bryce, Colin, Earicka, Hasina, Jade, Jalin, Lauren, Nate and Ruth –sixth, seventh, and eighth graders from Sutton Middle...
Youth Activist Leads the Charge for Education Equality in Detroit, Michigan Empowerment
16-year old Tarius Porter embraces peaceful protest and the right to check the government
Time and time again the younger generation has proven themselves to be worthwhile candidates for a new era...
Armed with Social Media and Ready to Change the World Empowerment
Chicago youth activists feel certain the #BlackLivesMatter movement will not fade away anytime soon
A new manifestation of the civil rights movement has been taking the world by storm. Alicia Garza, co-founder of...
Hip-Hop has notoriously been portrayed as a genre of music that glamorizes drugs, sex, and the objectification of women....
- A First Lady and a Final Farewell: The 2 Dope Queens Podcast Ends With Michelle Obama
- African American Film Critics Association Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary
- AFRO And CLEO TV To Join Comcast's Xfinity TV In January 2019
- Red Table Talk Discusses Racism: WOC vs. White Women With Jane Elliott
- 'I Like Me': Our Forever First Lady Talks to Oprah for Elle Magazine
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Remembering Eartha: 11 Eartha Kitt Quotes on Life and Love
- Two Entrepreneurs Leverage The Power Of Relationships To Have A Positive Impact In Their Community
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- representation matters
- Social Media
- Women's history month