In the African American community there is a large disparity when it comes to healthy food choices. The term...
[VIDEO] Young Black Youth Offers Brilliant Response to “Food Deserts” in their Communities
Toh Sheng Jie Uses Special Interest for Business Success Arts & Entertainment, 0
How this Autistic designer is taking the Fashion world by storm
Autism is often categorized by three things: rigid schedules, stimming (self-stimulation such as flapping hands, tapping, or rocking), and...
Black Iris Project Brings Black Skin In Motion To The Stage [Video] Empowerment, 0
Jeremy McQueen wants to quash the notion that black bodies can’t perform beautiful ballet.
Choreographer Jeremy McQueen established the Black Iris Project earlier this year from an idea he developed in 2013. Inspired...
Future Photomakers Foster Love of Photography in Atlanta Students Arts & Entertainment, 0
Twelve middle school students will soon showcase their work despite decreasing public arts funding in Georgia.
Aida, Bryce, Colin, Earicka, Hasina, Jade, Jalin, Lauren, Nate and Ruth –sixth, seventh, and eighth graders from Sutton Middle...
Youth Activist Leads the Charge for Education Equality in Detroit, Michigan Empowerment, 0
16-year old Tarius Porter embraces peaceful protest and the right to check the government
Time and time again the younger generation has proven themselves to be worthwhile candidates for a new era...
Armed with Social Media and Ready to Change the World Empowerment, 0
Chicago youth activists feel certain the #BlackLivesMatter movement will not fade away anytime soon
A new manifestation of the civil rights movement has been taking the world by storm. Alicia Garza, co-founder of...
10- Year-old Holds Confidence Conference for Young Girls Empowerment, On the RYSE, Youth on the RYSE, 0
Young Philanthropist Olivia Allen Encourages Young Girls Everywhere
Olivia Allen of Louisville, KY held a conference last month called “I Can Be: Girls Confidence Conference” to...
- Starbucks Names Former Sam's Club CEO Rosalind Brewer As Chief Operating Officer
- 10-Year-Old Inspired to Launch Her Own Clothing Line After Being Bullied for Her Dark Skin
- The Washington Law Firm is "Breaking The Chains of Debt"
- Closing Atlanta: Ericka Mitchell Is One of Atlanta's Top Producing Real Estate Professionals
- Pull Up 'A Seat At The Table'
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Bernie Sanders May Have Won Wisconsin, But Wisconsin Lost Itself
- Nate Parker’s 'The Birth of a Nation Sells' For $17.5M, 'Richest Deal In Sundance History'
- Beauty Standards
- black business
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- Women's history month