Anok Yai was just 19 when she attended Howard University’s famous homecoming celebrations in October 2017 to visit a friend. A photo...
South Sudanese College Student Whose Homecoming Photo Went Viral is Now on the Cover of Elle Magazine
Five breast cancer organizations that help communities of color Featured, Mind, Body & Soul
Black women are 40 percent more likely to die from the disease — and these places are trying to change that
Black is the new pink. This is a strong statement that could ring true when attributed to the alarming...
How Exceptional Black Women Lead — A Conversation With Dr. Avis Jones DeWeever Business Sense
Dr. DeWeever’s latest book helps black women realize their full potential
Dr. Avis Jones-DeWeever’s latest book, How Exceptional Black Women Lead: Unlocking the Secrets to Phenomenal Success in Career and...
6 Ways to Recognize Domestic Abuse in a Woman of “Means” Love & Happiness
Higher Income Women are at Risk of Having Abusive Partners
By Janie Lacy, LMHC, NCC, CSAT Did you know that most women remain with a partner who has been physically...
10-Year-Old Inspired to Launch Her Own Clothing Line After Being Bullied for Her Dark Skin Empowerment, Featured, On the RYSE
Kheris Rogers launches 'Flexin’ in My Complexion' after being bullied by classmates for her darker skin
One of the many burdens Black women continue to bear on a regular basis is the painful divide of...
- FAMU and CTG Development Company Break Ground on $500 Million Main Street Corridor Project
- Metro Buses Converted Into Mobile Food Markets For Low Income Neighborhoods
- 6 Impressive Black-Owned, Non-Beauty Subscription Boxes
- Meet Kiko Davis, the Only Black Woman in the U.S. Who Owns Her Own Bank
- Sen. Kamala Harris Announces 2020 Presidential Candidacy
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Remembering Eartha: 11 Eartha Kitt Quotes on Life and Love
- Women's History Month Spotlight: Judy Garland
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- representation matters
- Social Media
- Women's history month