I’ve talked about transitions and the importance of setting boundaries as a post-grad ‘adult.’ This week it was on...
Confessions of a College Graduate: Moving ‘Back’ In With Mom
Virginia Tech Graduate Becomes First Black Female Nanoscientist In Virginia Featured, On the RYSE
The university uses the opportunity to increase diversity within its STEM programs.
22-year-old Richmond native Ginai Seabron makes history after graduating with a degree in Nanoscience from Virginia Tech. The first...
John Shumate, Eastbay VP of Marketing Talks Winning, Social Media, and Hip Hop Business Sense, Featured, On the RYSE
The marketing professional shares career insights and how black millennials influence cultural trends
What does the Vice President of Marketing for Eastbay know about Ace Hood, Rick Ross, Waka Flocka? Deeper than...
Where Do We Go From Here? RYSE News
In just three days, two men died at the hands of police and five officers were killed at a peaceful protest. It’s time for less talk and more action.
Two names were added to the list of people who died at the hands of police officers. Two men,...
Are the Latest Summer Weight Loss Trends Worth it? Mind, Body & Soul, Uncategorized
When Diet and Exercise aren't Fast Enough Results, People are Influenced by Social Media
The most universal saying to tackle weight loss is to simply “diet and exercise.” It is the healthiest route...
Michelle Obama Joins Snapchat Political Power
The First Lady has joined the most popular social media application this week
You can officially snap with the First Lady of the United States. This week Michelle Obama announced that she...
Malaysian Artist Uses Hijab To Look Like Disney Characters Arts & Entertainment
Instagram star looks like Disney characters with great make-up stills and creative hijab uses.
Instagram star and Malaysian artist, @queenofluna, uses her amazing make-up skills, the power of social media, and her hijab to...
The Full Run Down of What Happened with Kehlani and Chris Brown Featured, Power Players
The R&B singer received an extreme amount of backlash after posting that she had attempted suicide
Social media can truly be toxic and no one knows right now that better than Grammy nominated R&B artist Kehlani....
Instagram Changing Feeds With New Algorithm Arts & Entertainment
Instagram is slowly introducing new algorithm-driven feed to users.
Since the app launched in 2010, Instagram (with over 400 million users per month) has become everyone’s favorite social...
- Meet Latroya Pina: Howard University's Star Swimmer Will Represent Cape Verde at the 2020 Olympics
- #ForeverFirstLady Michelle Obama Announces New Memoir and Book Tour
- VICTORIA'S SECRET MODEL HITS BACK AT TROLLS FOR QUESTIONING HER ABILITY TO CODE
- 'The Season of Style': OSK Styles Owner Omar Kinnebrew Takes Calculated Risk In The Name Of Fashion
- The Other Fashion Week Takes Flight: Gabourey Sidibe, Lizzo, Venus Williams and More Celebrate The Curvy Con 2018
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Two Entrepreneurs Leverage The Power Of Relationships To Have A Positive Impact In Their Community
- Bernie Sanders May Have Won Wisconsin, But Wisconsin Lost Itself
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- Social Media
- Women's history month