The LAUNCH’s Million Dollar Screenplay Competition has found its winner. USC student Stanley Kalu, who is currently entering his...
USC Student Named Winner of Million Dollar Screenplay Competition
Randy Moss Memorializes Police Brutality Victims With Tie At Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony Empowerment, Featured
Moss tells victims families 'you are not alone' after his speech
Every public moment has the opportunity to be used as a political statement. We have witnessed this when it...
President Obama Signs Emmett Till Bill to Reopen Civil Rights Cases Featured, Newsticker, Political Power, RYSE News
Legislation will allow FBI, Justice Department to reopen unsolved civil rights cases
This article originally appeared on Ebony.com President Obama signed legislation this month that further allows the Department of...
Char-Meck Police Officer Cleared of Charges in Lamont Scott Shooting Newsticker, RYSE News
Officer Brentley Vinson fatally shot Scott in September with few answers as to why?
Originally published on The Huffington Post No charges will be filed against the police officer who killed Keith Lamont Scott...
Nick Cave’s Soundsuits Confront Racism With Radical Artistry [Video] Arts & Entertainment, Empowerment
An exhibition entitled “Here Hear” was previously on display at the Cranbrook Art Museum in Detroit, close to Cave’s alma mater.
Artist Nick Cave has caught public attention with his astounding “Soundsuits.” The Missouri native combines loud color and bold...
Terrence Crutcher Did Not Have To Die Because Police Assume Black Men Are Threatening [Graphic Video] Newsticker, RYSE News
Crutcher’s sister says her brother planned to make the family proud. "And because he was a ‘big bad dude’, he’ll never get that chance."
In an ever-present reminder that there is work still to be done with respect to racism and associated tensions,...
No Convictions in Freddie Gray’s Death RYSE News
In a case that lasted over a year the remaining officers's charges were dropped
Over a year ago Freddie Gray, a young black man was suspected to be on the lookout for a...
Why Police Brutality Families Don’t Need to Forgive IJS, Newsticker
The families of police brutality victims are wrongly asked if they forgive the officer who killed their family
We have seen a common thread in the countless murders of police brutality victims in the hours, weeks, and...
Texas Mother Shot While Protecting Her Son Isn’t Discouraged From Marching Again [Video] RYSE News
"I don't want them to think that I am a quitter, because I am not," says Taylor.
Shetamia Taylor was shot at a Dallas protest march on the evening of July 7, protecting one of her...
You’re Part Of The Problem If… IJS
Where do you stand on the current issue of police brutality affecting our society?
You’re part of the problem If…. 1. You think “ALL Law Enforcement Officers are racist” (part of the problem)...
- Meet Latroya Pina: Howard University's Star Swimmer Will Represent Cape Verde at the 2020 Olympics
- #ForeverFirstLady Michelle Obama Announces New Memoir and Book Tour
- VICTORIA'S SECRET MODEL HITS BACK AT TROLLS FOR QUESTIONING HER ABILITY TO CODE
- 'The Season of Style': OSK Styles Owner Omar Kinnebrew Takes Calculated Risk In The Name Of Fashion
- The Other Fashion Week Takes Flight: Gabourey Sidibe, Lizzo, Venus Williams and More Celebrate The Curvy Con 2018
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Two Entrepreneurs Leverage The Power Of Relationships To Have A Positive Impact In Their Community
- Bernie Sanders May Have Won Wisconsin, But Wisconsin Lost Itself
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- Social Media
- Women's history month