This article originally appeared on Ebony.com President Obama signed legislation this month that further allows the Department of...
President Obama Signs Emmett Till Bill to Reopen Civil Rights Cases
Char-Meck Police Officer Cleared of Charges in Lamont Scott Shooting
Newsticker, RYSE News, 0
Officer Brentley Vinson fatally shot Scott in September with few answers as to why?
Originally published on The Huffington Post No charges will be filed against the police officer who killed Keith Lamont Scott...
Nick Cave’s Soundsuits Confront Racism With Radical Artistry [Video]
Arts & Entertainment, Empowerment, 0
An exhibition entitled “Here Hear” was previously on display at the Cranbrook Art Museum in Detroit, close to Cave’s alma mater.
Artist Nick Cave has caught public attention with his astounding “Soundsuits.” The Missouri native combines loud color and bold...
Terrence Crutcher Did Not Have To Die Because Police Assume Black Men Are Threatening [Graphic Video]
Newsticker, RYSE News, 0
Crutcher’s sister says her brother planned to make the family proud. "And because he was a ‘big bad dude’, he’ll never get that chance."
In an ever-present reminder that there is work still to be done with respect to racism and associated tensions,...
Why Police Brutality Families Don’t Need to Forgive
IJS, Newsticker, 0
The families of police brutality victims are wrongly asked if they forgive the officer who killed their family
We have seen a common thread in the countless murders of police brutality victims in the hours, weeks, and...
Texas Mother Shot While Protecting Her Son Isn’t Discouraged From Marching Again [Video]
RYSE News, 0
"I don't want them to think that I am a quitter, because I am not," says Taylor.
Shetamia Taylor was shot at a Dallas protest march on the evening of July 7, protecting one of her...
10 Things We As African Americans Can Do To Move Our Community Forward
It is time for us to stop addressing the symptoms and begin addressing the root of the problem
I awoke yesterday morning to the news of Philando Castile’s death. Every social media platform I logged onto, people...
- SCOTUS and The Scales of Justice
- Emmy Winning Entertainment Mogul Rushion McDonald’s Hit Radio Show Expands To The RYSE Podcast Network
- Starbucks Names Former Sam's Club CEO Rosalind Brewer As Chief Operating Officer
- 10-Year-Old Inspired to Launch Her Own Clothing Line After Being Bullied for Her Dark Skin
- The Washington Law Firm is "Breaking The Chains of Debt"
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Bernie Sanders May Have Won Wisconsin, But Wisconsin Lost Itself
- Two Entrepreneurs Leverage The Power Of Relationships To Have A Positive Impact In Their Community
- Beauty Standards
- black business
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- Women's history month