“And I looked into your eyes and knew that you were a queen. Black skin, black hair, the blackest...
4 Your Soul Conceptually: J.Cole’s Thesis On Millennial Black Consciousness
Album Review: R&B Soul Artist 7AM Reminiscent of “Old Atlanta”
Arts & Entertainment, Newsticker, 0
He's A Native Son of “The Hollywood of the South” Yet He's Creating His Own Lane
Atlanta is known for many things, finger-licking good soul food, the reigning NFC champions, our bustling international airport and...
Black Music Helped Us Survive 2016
Arts & Entertainment, Newsticker, Spark, 1
Black Culture and Black Music were the beat to dealing with what is being called, The End of the World
This article originally appeared on Medium.com Let’s get this out of the way: the year was a grease-fire from...
Q-Tip Joins Kennedy Center as First Artistic Director of Hip-Hop Culture Series
Arts & Entertainment, 0
The rapper will curate a variety of events including poetry slams, interactive shows about b-boy competitions, emceeing, spoken word and live performances.
A Tribe Called Quest pioneer Q-Tip has joined the John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts in Washington, D.C., in...
- SCOTUS and The Scales of Justice
- Emmy Winning Entertainment Mogul Rushion McDonald’s Hit Radio Show Expands To The RYSE Podcast Network
- Starbucks Names Former Sam's Club CEO Rosalind Brewer As Chief Operating Officer
- 10-Year-Old Inspired to Launch Her Own Clothing Line After Being Bullied for Her Dark Skin
- The Washington Law Firm is "Breaking The Chains of Debt"
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Bernie Sanders May Have Won Wisconsin, But Wisconsin Lost Itself
- Two Entrepreneurs Leverage The Power Of Relationships To Have A Positive Impact In Their Community
- Beauty Standards
- black business
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- Women's history month