The legendary hip-hop artist turned entrepreneur Ice Cube, has always been known as a trailblazer. He was an original...
Ice Cube Creates Clothing Line To Support Autism Speaks
4 Your Soul Conceptually: J.Cole’s Thesis On Millennial Black Consciousness
Arts & Entertainment, Newsticker, 0
How Hip Hop's Everyman Has Quietly Become Its Example Of Continued Relevance
“And I looked into your eyes and knew that you were a queen. Black skin, black hair, the blackest...
‘Hamilton’ The Musical Makes History With Remarkably Diverse Cast And 16 Tony Nominations
Arts & Entertainment, 1
The musical about "the scrappy young immigrant who forever changed America" has attained more success than its writer ever expected.
‘Hamilton’ the musical has been making history since its debut. In many ways it is the first of its...
Q-Tip Joins Kennedy Center as First Artistic Director of Hip-Hop Culture Series
Arts & Entertainment, 0
The rapper will curate a variety of events including poetry slams, interactive shows about b-boy competitions, emceeing, spoken word and live performances.
A Tribe Called Quest pioneer Q-Tip has joined the John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts in Washington, D.C., in...
- Emmy Winning Entertainment Mogul Rushion McDonald’s Hit Radio Show Expands To The RYSE Podcast Network
- Starbucks Names Former Sam's Club CEO Rosalind Brewer As Chief Operating Officer
- 10-Year-Old Inspired to Launch Her Own Clothing Line After Being Bullied for Her Dark Skin
- The Washington Law Firm is "Breaking The Chains of Debt"
- Closing Atlanta: Ericka Mitchell Is One of Atlanta's Top Producing Real Estate Professionals
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Bernie Sanders May Have Won Wisconsin, But Wisconsin Lost Itself
- Two Entrepreneurs Leverage The Power Of Relationships To Have A Positive Impact In Their Community
- Beauty Standards
- black business
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- Women's history month