After transitioning into adulthood, there are a few recurring themes I’ve noticed. 1.) Nobody has life fully figured out....
‘The Season of Style’: OSK Styles Owner Omar Kinnebrew Takes Calculated Risk In The Name Of Fashion
The Other Fashion Week Takes Flight: Gabourey Sidibe, Lizzo, Venus Williams and More Celebrate The Curvy Con 2018 Empowerment, Featured, Spark
The Fourth Annual Curvy Con challenges the fashion industries images, perception, and skill of dressing curvier women.
As more and more designers are including are including fuller-figured models on their runways (Cushnie, Christian Siriano, Prabal Gurung, and...
This Is How We Do It: Essence’s September Issue—Starring Naomi!—Is a Study in Black Excellence Featured, Style
Black women are gracing 50 percent of 2018 fall fashion issues, true black girl magic!
Leave it to Essence to remind us what black excellence looks like on both sides of the camera. Making their contribution...
10-Year-Old Inspired to Launch Her Own Clothing Line After Being Bullied for Her Dark Skin Empowerment, Featured, On the RYSE
Kheris Rogers launches 'Flexin’ in My Complexion' after being bullied by classmates for her darker skin
One of the many burdens Black women continue to bear on a regular basis is the painful divide of...
Zendaya Partners with Michael Kors on a New Watch Campaign Arts & Entertainment
The actress and singer is starring in the new smartwatch campaign for the designer
Zendaya launched her partnership video with designer Michael Kors this week. The video features the singer, actress, and...
Toh Sheng Jie Uses Special Interest for Business Success Arts & Entertainment
How this Autistic designer is taking the Fashion world by storm
Autism is often categorized by three things: rigid schedules, stimming (self-stimulation such as flapping hands, tapping, or rocking), and...
Comedian Leslie Jones Ignored by Designers For Red Carpet Dress Arts & Entertainment
Designers turned her down because she does not 'Fit' the standard Hollywood stereotype
Actress and Comedian Leslie Jones has made a name for herself in the past year and a half by...
Who run the Met? BEY! Ever since Beyonce made her first appearance at fashion’s most prestigious ball in 2008, she...
Recently, GapKids x ED(Ellen DeGeneres) released photos of children “who are proving that girls can do anything.” meet the...
- Bill Cosby sentenced to 3 to 10 years in prison for sexual assault conviction
- Halle Berry, Lena Waithe Join 'Boomerang' Sequel at BET
- It's Bigger Than a Hip Hop Exhibit: What the Controversy Around White Curators in Black Spaces Reveals
- Meet Latroya Pina: Howard University's Star Swimmer Will Represent Cape Verde at the 2020 Olympics
- #ForeverFirstLady Michelle Obama Announces New Memoir and Book Tour
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Two Entrepreneurs Leverage The Power Of Relationships To Have A Positive Impact In Their Community
- Bernie Sanders May Have Won Wisconsin, But Wisconsin Lost Itself
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- Social Media
- Women's history month