All little black girls remember learning about Madam C.J. Walker during Black History Month. You know the first female...
Octavia Spencer To Star In Netflix Short Series As Madam C.J. Walker
Black Photographers Land Six-Figure Book Deal Showcasing Natural Hair Arts & Entertainment, Business Sense, Featured
Kahran & Regis Bethencourt built their business taking pictures of black girls and the beauty of their curly afro crowns
Kahran and Regis Bethencourt have made a thriving career out of taking pictures featuring black girls and the beauty of their curly...
Body Positive Speaker Malia Anderson Talks Passion, Perseverance and Paying It Forward Business Sense, Empowerment, Newsticker
“What if I just woke up every morning and said ‘This is my body and I love it.’ and then I went out the door and presented myself in the best possible way?”
Malia Anderson is a stylist and body positive speaker who works in the San Francisco Bay Area. As a...
9-Year-Old Raises $28K in Kickstarter Campaign for Accessories Business Business Sense, On the RYSE, Youth on the RYSE
Gabrielle Goodwin is the CEO and Founder of her own accessories company “Gabby’s Bows”.
At the tender age of only 9 years of age, Gabrielle Goodwin is the CEO and Founder of her...
First Black Woman To Receive A Harvard MBA Proves Failure Is Just A New Beginning Power Players
Lillian Lincoln Lambert turned a minor setback into major reward by sticking to her goals.
The correlation between being educated and being successful is nearly irrefutable, but it doesn’t make it any easier for...
11 Year Old Lemonade Entrepreneur Lands Contract with Whole Foods RYSE News
Young 'Shark Tank' winner signs deal to sell her lemonade in over 55 stores.
What do you do when life gives you lemons? Well according to 11 year old Texan Mikaila Umer, you...
Rica Elysée Provides Women Of Color Quality Beauty Treatment At Home With New Beauty-Booking Service Business Sense, Empowerment
Elysée’s second business is booming and keeping women of color looking beautiful.
Rica Elysée is a textbook entrepreneur: she recognized a problem in a community and got her wheels turning about...
The Little Box That Encourages Brilliant Black Women To Keep On Doing Big Things Business Sense, Empowerment
Successful women team up to facilitate the success of their up-and-coming peers.
Women are constantly on the rise, a fact GeenieBox mastermind Chana Ginelle Ewing is well aware of. Her new...
Mark Cuban Teaches Thriving 16-Year-Old Entrepreneur To “Walk Before You Run” Youth on the RYSE
Determined to decrease waste, Benjamin Stern develops and designs eco-friendly shampoo ball
Benjamin Stern is a mogul in the making. Determined to create a shampoo that was mindful of plastic and...
- Bill Cosby sentenced to 3 to 10 years in prison for sexual assault conviction
- Halle Berry, Lena Waithe Join 'Boomerang' Sequel at BET
- It's Bigger Than a Hip Hop Exhibit: What the Controversy Around White Curators in Black Spaces Reveals
- Meet Latroya Pina: Howard University's Star Swimmer Will Represent Cape Verde at the 2020 Olympics
- #ForeverFirstLady Michelle Obama Announces New Memoir and Book Tour
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Two Entrepreneurs Leverage The Power Of Relationships To Have A Positive Impact In Their Community
- Bernie Sanders May Have Won Wisconsin, But Wisconsin Lost Itself
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- Social Media
- Women's history month