The ceremony won’t be televised until Sept. 9, but on Sunday night at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center...
Janet, Lena, Latifah and More: Black Girls Rock! Returns to the Red Carpet
How Exceptional Black Women Lead — A Conversation With Dr. Avis Jones DeWeever Business Sense
Dr. DeWeever’s latest book helps black women realize their full potential
Dr. Avis Jones-DeWeever’s latest book, How Exceptional Black Women Lead: Unlocking the Secrets to Phenomenal Success in Career and...
6 Ways to Recognize Domestic Abuse in a Woman of “Means” Love & Happiness
Higher Income Women are at Risk of Having Abusive Partners
By Janie Lacy, LMHC, NCC, CSAT Did you know that most women remain with a partner who has been physically...
10-Year-Old Inspired to Launch Her Own Clothing Line After Being Bullied for Her Dark Skin Empowerment, Featured, On the RYSE
Kheris Rogers launches 'Flexin’ in My Complexion' after being bullied by classmates for her darker skin
One of the many burdens Black women continue to bear on a regular basis is the painful divide of...
5 Ways to Manifest The Life You Want Book Club, Empowerment, Mind, Body & Soul, Newsticker
Author of What You Don't Know About Your Soul Shares Simple Steps to Manifest Anything You Want
Manifesting is the materialization of things you know and believe to be true. Whether in theory or for...
Nyla Smith Beats Chemotherapy and Becomes the Youngest Graduate at St. John’s University Empowerment, On the RYSE
This Amazing Young Woman is breaking barriers for the Physically Disabled
Disability Rights in the classroom are often either underfunded or mishandled by professors and teachers who don’t understand the...
Blind Engineer at Apple Breaks Barriers for the Blind Empowerment
Jordyn Castor is making technology accessible one set of codes at a time
Being blind in an extremely visual-centric society can be difficult. Technology relies on smooth screens and small bodies. Often...
Toh Sheng Jie Uses Special Interest for Business Success Arts & Entertainment
How this Autistic designer is taking the Fashion world by storm
Autism is often categorized by three things: rigid schedules, stimming (self-stimulation such as flapping hands, tapping, or rocking), and...
Sports & Recreation
Video games used to have just one idea of their players: a white, able-bodied teenage boy. They bring out...
- Bill Cosby sentenced to 3 to 10 years in prison for sexual assault conviction
- Halle Berry, Lena Waithe Join 'Boomerang' Sequel at BET
- It's Bigger Than a Hip Hop Exhibit: What the Controversy Around White Curators in Black Spaces Reveals
- Meet Latroya Pina: Howard University's Star Swimmer Will Represent Cape Verde at the 2020 Olympics
- #ForeverFirstLady Michelle Obama Announces New Memoir and Book Tour
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Two Entrepreneurs Leverage The Power Of Relationships To Have A Positive Impact In Their Community
- Bernie Sanders May Have Won Wisconsin, But Wisconsin Lost Itself
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- Social Media
- Women's history month