Dr. Avis Jones-DeWeever’s latest book, How Exceptional Black Women Lead: Unlocking the Secrets to Phenomenal Success in Career and...
How Exceptional Black Women Lead — A Conversation With Dr. Avis Jones DeWeever
6 Ways to Recognize Domestic Abuse in a Woman of “Means”
Love & Happiness
Higher Income Women are at Risk of Having Abusive Partners
By Janie Lacy, LMHC, NCC, CSAT Did you know that most women remain with a partner who has been physically...
10-Year-Old Inspired to Launch Her Own Clothing Line After Being Bullied for Her Dark Skin
Empowerment, Featured, On the RYSE
Kheris Rogers launches 'Flexin’ in My Complexion' after being bullied by classmates for her darker skin
One of the many burdens Black women continue to bear on a regular basis is the painful divide of...
5 Ways to Manifest The Life You Want
Book Club, Empowerment, Mind, Body & Soul, Newsticker
Author of What You Don't Know About Your Soul Shares Simple Steps to Manifest Anything You Want
Manifesting is the materialization of things you know and believe to be true. Whether in theory or for...
Nyla Smith Beats Chemotherapy and Becomes the Youngest Graduate at St. John’s University
Empowerment, On the RYSE
This Amazing Young Woman is breaking barriers for the Physically Disabled
Disability Rights in the classroom are often either underfunded or mishandled by professors and teachers who don’t understand the...
Blind Engineer at Apple Breaks Barriers for the Blind
Jordyn Castor is making technology accessible one set of codes at a time
Being blind in an extremely visual-centric society can be difficult. Technology relies on smooth screens and small bodies. Often...
Toh Sheng Jie Uses Special Interest for Business Success
Arts & Entertainment
How this Autistic designer is taking the Fashion world by storm
Autism is often categorized by three things: rigid schedules, stimming (self-stimulation such as flapping hands, tapping, or rocking), and...
Video games used to have just one idea of their players: a white, able-bodied teenage boy. They bring out...
Monday Motivation: 5 Inspirational Speeches From Little Kids
Whether you need to be reminded of how great you are or just need an encouraging word, these little kids will have you feeling invincible
This poem, “Hey Black Child.” by Useni Eugene Perkins, performed by little Pe’Tehn Raighn-Kem brought me to tears. It’s something you just...
- Janet Mock strikes a historic POSE as the first trans director of color on a television series
- A Shot At $2 Million: Atlanta Hosts the Super 16 Round of the Basketball Tournament
- Transitioning Into Adulthood with ADLT 101 Founder Jennifer Jackson
- You Woke? Do the Work: Tarana Burke, Tamika Mallory and Symone Sanders Talk Accountability
- Black Women Are Heading The Criminal Justice Department In This Georgia City And Making History
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Two Entrepreneurs Leverage The Power Of Relationships To Have A Positive Impact In Their Community
- Bernie Sanders May Have Won Wisconsin, But Wisconsin Lost Itself
- Beauty Standards
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- Social Media
- Women's history month