Black girl magic was in full effect on Tuesday’s election night. In addition to over 100 women being elected to...
THE BLACK WOMEN WHO MADE HISTORY THIS ELECTION SEASON
10 Year-Old Celai West Dominates Life’s Runway, Acting, and Using Her Platform For Positive Influence Featured, Style, Youth on the RYSE
The ten-year-old businesswoman, CEO, fashion and runway model is living her dream while staying focused on the bigger picture.
While growing up most children aspire to become doctors, lawyers, police officers, maybe even firefighters. On rare occasion do...
Ruth E. Carter, Costume Designer for ‘Black Panther’ To Receive Costume Designers Guilds Honor Arts & Entertainment, Featured, Power Players
With 30 plus years in the industry and multiple nominations for her work, Carter's designs speak for themselves on and off the screen
Ruth E. Carter, the costume designer for Marvel’s Black Panther, will be honored with the Career Achievement Award at...
8-Year-Old Barber Neijae Graham-Henries Celebrates Passing Barber Training By Giving Free Haircuts To The Community Empowerment, Featured, Youth on the RYSE
Servicing her community, entrepreneur in training Neijae offers free haircuts to kids in her neighborhood
Neijae Graham-Henries has a philanthropic spirit that is to be admired. This past summer, the 8-year-old Philadelphia resident attended the...
Tracee Ellis Ross Wears 10 Looks By Black Designers At American Music Awards Arts & Entertainment, Featured
The actress made a statement with her many costume changes throughout the night.
When we found out Tracee Ellis Ross was hosting the 2018 American Music Awards, we couldn’t wait to see all her costume...
Janelle Monáe and Angela Rye Have One Message: Go Vote Arts & Entertainment, Empowerment, Featured, Political Power
With the deadline for Voter Registration vastly approaching and midterm elections right around the corner celebs are urging you to use voice and vote
The midterm elections are coming in November, and this vote comes at a critical point in our nation’s history....
- FAMU and CTG Development Company Break Ground on $500 Million Main Street Corridor Project
- Metro Buses Converted Into Mobile Food Markets For Low Income Neighborhoods
- 6 Impressive Black-Owned, Non-Beauty Subscription Boxes
- Meet Kiko Davis, the Only Black Woman in the U.S. Who Owns Her Own Bank
- Sen. Kamala Harris Announces 2020 Presidential Candidacy
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Remembering Eartha: 11 Eartha Kitt Quotes on Life and Love
- Women's History Month Spotlight: Judy Garland
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- representation matters
- Social Media
- Women's history month