At only 24 years old, the young Second Lieutenant Thokozile Muwamba has made history in Zambia. She began to...
Meet Zambia’s First Female Fighter Pilot
#BlackGirlMagic, White Privilege, And An American Legacy: The 2016 Olympics In Rio
Empowerment, Newsticker, Trailblazers
The 2016 Olympics may have physically ended with the Closing Ceremony, but the talk has yet to die down about several infamous incidents.
The powerful young black women who participated in the Olympics reminded the world just how magical black girls are....
10 Things That (inexplicably) Happened When I Was Listening To First Lady Michelle Obama, Drop That Nuclear (ether) Speech Last Night.LOL
1. I started snapping fingers, and yelling “ooookay!!” like I was an extra on the set of Love Jones....
The Colored Girls Museum Displays The Rich Heritage Of #BlackGirlMagic
Empowerment, On the RYSE
This unique museum cherishes the skills of black women and girls as wondrous gifts.
Located in Philadelphia’s Germantown neighborhood is The Colored Girls Museum. The museum aspires to capture the cultural experiences of...
The “Colored Girl” Campaign Praises The Radiant Spectrum Of Black Beauty
Like many important beauty initiatives, this project reminds the world that black women are beautiful in all shapes, sizes, and skin tones.
Historically, blackness has been underappreciated and devalued. Fair skin and Euro-centric features have been the norm and the scale...
9-Year-Old Girl Uses Her #BlackGirlMagic To Help Homeless Women [Video]
Youth on the RYSE
Her charity, Khloe Kares, provides homeless women with necessary hygiene implements.
At only nine years old, Khloe Thompson decided to take action to help homeless women in her community. She was...
Miss District of Columbia Deshauna Barber Wins Miss USA 2016 [Video]
Arts & Entertainment, RYSE News
Proud army officer steals the show as a beautiful, fierce, and undoubtedly phenomenal woman.
Deshauna Barber, representing the District of Columbia, was crowned Miss USA 2016 on Sunday night. Barber beat out fifty-two competitors...
Handless First Grader Wins Handwriting Competition, Reminding Us All To Never Give Up [Video]
Anaya Ellick is living proof that #BlackGirlMagic makes anything possible.
Seven-year-old Anaya Ellick, first grade student at the Greenbrier Christian Academy in Virginia, recently won a handwriting competition –...
- A Shot At $2 Million: Atlanta Hosts the Super 16 Round of the Basketball Tournament
- Transitioning Into Adulthood with ADLT 101 Founder Jennifer Jackson
- You Woke? Do the Work: Tarana Burke, Tamika Mallory and Symone Sanders Talk Accountability
- Black Women Are Heading The Criminal Justice Department In This Georgia City And Making History
- John Shumate, Eastbay VP of Marketing Talks Winning, Social Media, and Hip Hop
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Two Entrepreneurs Leverage The Power Of Relationships To Have A Positive Impact In Their Community
- Bernie Sanders May Have Won Wisconsin, But Wisconsin Lost Itself
- Beauty Standards
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- Social Media
- Women's history month