Article originally appeared on the Associated Press More than 1,700 Flint-area residents and property owners are seeking more...
Flint Residents Sue EPA for $700M Over Water Crisis
Women Rising: Thousands Gathered Across The Nation to Protest the Inauguration of Donald Trump
Empowerment, Featured, Newsticker, Political Power, 0
Massive Crowds Gathered Across The Nation To March In Unison But There's Still A Great Divide Within
Donald Trump officially took office on January 20th and the majority of the nation mourned. The uncertainty and the...
[VIDEO]: Anti-Trump Message is the New Theme of America
Newsticker, Political Power, 0
Activist/Comedian Kerry Coddett Records Video Message America Needs Right Now
This article originally appeared on the Huffington Post In an accurate portrayal of the collective frustrations over President Donald...
James Baldwin’s “I Am Not Your Negro” Hit Theaters in Time for Black History
Arts & Entertainment, Newsticker, 0
Baldwin was a Liberal Social Activist Before His Time and Sheds Light on an America Finally Ready for His Point of View
James Baldwin’s, “I Am Not Your Nego” hits theaters February 3rd. In 1979, James Baldwin wrote a letter...
10 Times Asian Americans Took On Systemic Racism in 2016
Newsticker, Political Power, Power Players, 0
From Buzzfeed to Vulture, folks are counting down the ways Asian Americans spoke truth to power
This article originally appeared on Medium.com These days, nothing screams December quite like the end of the year listicles — and...
White Lives Matter Protest In Houston Exemplifies Our Nation’s Misunderstandings About Racial Discord
Newsticker, Political Power, 0
The accusation that the NAACP is a racist institution and the catalyst for police killings reflects a deeply ingrained racial ignorance.
Just when we thought we’d seen it all, a group of White Lives Matter Activists in Houston, Texas proved us...
Vanderbilt University Sends $1.2MM Back to Donor to Remove “Confederate” Inscription
Newsticker, RYSE News, 0
The Tennessee Division of the United Daughters of the Confederacy Paid for the naming rights in 1933
Vanderbilt University will remove the word “Confederate” from the name of one of its buildings on campus, the school...
Why Police Brutality Families Don’t Need to Forgive
IJS, Newsticker, 0
The families of police brutality victims are wrongly asked if they forgive the officer who killed their family
We have seen a common thread in the countless murders of police brutality victims in the hours, weeks, and...
- Emmy Winning Entertainment Mogul Rushion McDonald’s Hit Radio Show Expands To The RYSE Podcast Network
- Starbucks Names Former Sam's Club CEO Rosalind Brewer As Chief Operating Officer
- 10-Year-Old Inspired to Launch Her Own Clothing Line After Being Bullied for Her Dark Skin
- The Washington Law Firm is "Breaking The Chains of Debt"
- Closing Atlanta: Ericka Mitchell Is One of Atlanta's Top Producing Real Estate Professionals
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Bernie Sanders May Have Won Wisconsin, But Wisconsin Lost Itself
- Two Entrepreneurs Leverage The Power Of Relationships To Have A Positive Impact In Their Community
- Beauty Standards
- black business
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- Women's history month