In a time when many cosmetics companies are coming under fire for not being inclusive enough, Canadian brand Annabelle...
This melanin-rich cosmetics campaign has got everyone talking
Simone Biles Is Still Making History, Is 1st Woman to Win 5 U.S. All-Around Championships Empowerment, Featured
The record setting gymnast isn't holding back and she has the medals to prove it.
It’s still Simone Biles season, and the American gymnast is still kicking ass and taking names, which culminated in...
30-year-old Mareena Robinson Snowden is the first black woman to earn a PhD in nuclear engineering from MIT Featured, On the RYSE
Black women are constantly showing the world that it is their's for the taking.
When Mareena Robinson Snowden walked across the commencement stage at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (M.I.T.) on June 8th, she...
Bozoma Saint John is Leaving Uber for Endeavor Business Sense, Featured, On the RYSE
The high-profile marketing guru will become CMO at the entertainment conglomerate.
The high-profile executive Bozoma Saint John has left Uber for Endeavor, sources say and Uber confirms. She will become...
14 Year Old Tennis Prodigy Cori ‘Coco’ Gauff Becomes the Youngest French Open Junior Champion in 25 Years Featured, On the RYSE, RYSE News
Over the last eight years, her development has thus far proven her to be a tennis phenom
Tennis Prodigy Cori ‘Coco’ Gauff, who turned 14 in March, became the fifth youngest French Open junior champion in...
Starbucks Names Former Sam’s Club CEO Rosalind Brewer As Chief Operating Officer Business Sense, On the RYSE
Brewer is the first woman, and first African American, to hold such a high post at Starbucks.
Rosalind Brewer has been named group President and Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Starbucks Corp., effective Oct. 2. Ms....
10-Year-Old Inspired to Launch Her Own Clothing Line After Being Bullied for Her Dark Skin Empowerment, Featured, On the RYSE
Kheris Rogers launches 'Flexin’ in My Complexion' after being bullied by classmates for her darker skin
One of the many burdens Black women continue to bear on a regular basis is the painful divide of...
- Bill Cosby sentenced to 3 to 10 years in prison for sexual assault conviction
- Halle Berry, Lena Waithe Join 'Boomerang' Sequel at BET
- It's Bigger Than a Hip Hop Exhibit: What the Controversy Around White Curators in Black Spaces Reveals
- Meet Latroya Pina: Howard University's Star Swimmer Will Represent Cape Verde at the 2020 Olympics
- #ForeverFirstLady Michelle Obama Announces New Memoir and Book Tour
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Two Entrepreneurs Leverage The Power Of Relationships To Have A Positive Impact In Their Community
- Bernie Sanders May Have Won Wisconsin, But Wisconsin Lost Itself
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- Social Media
- Women's history month