According to the CDC black women are three times more likely to die from pregnancy-related issue compared to our...
How Risky Is It To Give Birth As A Black Woman In America?
Kevin Hart Partners With the United Negro College Fund, Knowledge Is Power Program to Launch $600,000 Scholarship Program
Hart joins celebs like Beyonce and Nicki Minaj to invest in students futures through education
We love a benevolent celebrity who supports education, and Kevin Hart joins the ranks of those like Beyoncé and...
See Beyonce’s groundbreaking ‘Vogue’ cover, the first shot by a black photographer
Arts & Entertainment, Featured
Tyler Mitchell the cover photographer is the first African-American to do so in the magazines 125 year history
Beyonce is a vision in a white Gucci gown on the cover of the “Vogue” September issue, a groundbreaking moment for...
Confessions Of A College Graduate: Setting Boundaries
Why establishing and implementing boundaries is good for your health and relationships.
Boundary (n): a limit of a subject or sphere of activity. Why is it important to have boundaries, my...
Is Beyoncé Partnering With Netflix For Next Visual Album?
Arts & Entertainment
The entertainer is reportedly talking with Netflix to release her new visual album.
Even after the price increase, I knew there was a reason I didn’t cancel my Netflix subscription. I also...
Beyonce’, Bruno Mars & Chance The Rapper Dominate at the 2017 Grammy Awards
Arts & Entertainment, Featured, Newsticker, Uncategorized
"Queen Bey" Hailed her Throne, Bruno Mars paid Tribute to Prince and Chance the Rapper took us to Church
The 2017 Grammy Awards got off to a rough start. For starters, the host was unknown to many. Apparently,...
Beyonce’ Interviews Solange and We’ve Lost Our Collective Minds
Arts & Entertainment, Featured, Newsticker
In an Exclusive with Interview Magazine the Sisters Talk about All Things including "A Seat At The Table"
Article original appeared on Interview Magazine Who else is losing their ish over the overdue meeting of the minds...
Black Music Helped Us Survive 2016
Arts & Entertainment, Newsticker, Spark
Black Culture and Black Music were the beat to dealing with what is being called, The End of the World
This article originally appeared on Medium.com Let’s get this out of the way: the year was a grease-fire from...
- Taraji P. Henson Creates Mental Health Foundation In Honor of Late Father Boris Henson
- Polygamy In The Black Community: Why Do We Really Opt For It?
- Issa and Molly focus on boundaries in Insecure's strongest premiere yet
- This Is How We Do It: Essence's September Issue—Starring Naomi!—Is a Study in Black Excellence
- Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Mines the Past to Explain Our Racist Present
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Two Entrepreneurs Leverage The Power Of Relationships To Have A Positive Impact In Their Community
- Bernie Sanders May Have Won Wisconsin, But Wisconsin Lost Itself
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- Social Media
- Women's history month