“You are perfect just the way you are. That’s something that no one has ever told me.” In a...
Buzzfeed Releases Video Depicting the Beauty In Color
With #MyBeautyMySay Dove Encourages Women To Define Their Own Beauty Standards [Video]
The 60-second campaign video exemplifies that beauty comes in many forms.
In a sixty-second video featuring nine women in careers ranging from burlesque dancer to beauty blogger, Dove aims to...
Why We Can’t Really Judge Lil’ Kim Without Confronting Misogynoir
Mind, Body & Soul, RYSE News, 0
The former rapper’s transformation is emblematic of internalized anti-blackness and Misogynoir.
Though she didn’t quite break the internet, many were left speechless in the wake of Lil Kim’s most recent photos, revealing...
#UnfairAndLovely Advocates For The Beauty Of Darker Complexions And Against Skin Lightening Creams
Empowerment, Style, 0
Pax Jones and other indignant women prove that you can win with dark skin, too!
Colorism – placing lighter skin tones at the pinnacle of the beauty scale – is a process as detrimental...
Obama Shares His Insight About The Effects Of American Beauty Standards On Black Women
His two opinionated daughters give him the inside scoop on the challenges of being a young, black, and female.
The job obligations of POTUS bring constant challenges, but Barack Obama still makes the time to think about the...
Embody Awards “Transforming Fashion” Theme Honors Bay Area Designers Creating Body Positive Clothing
About-Face nonprofit encourages clothing for plus-sized, lesbian, and gender-fluid women
Just two weeks after the typically stick-thin models walk the runway for New York Fashion Week, San Francisco hosted...
- SCOTUS and The Scales of Justice
- Emmy Winning Entertainment Mogul Rushion McDonald’s Hit Radio Show Expands To The RYSE Podcast Network
- Starbucks Names Former Sam's Club CEO Rosalind Brewer As Chief Operating Officer
- 10-Year-Old Inspired to Launch Her Own Clothing Line After Being Bullied for Her Dark Skin
- The Washington Law Firm is "Breaking The Chains of Debt"
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Bernie Sanders May Have Won Wisconsin, But Wisconsin Lost Itself
- Two Entrepreneurs Leverage The Power Of Relationships To Have A Positive Impact In Their Community
- Beauty Standards
- black business
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- Women's history month