“You are perfect just the way you are. That’s something that no one has ever told me.” In a...
Buzzfeed Releases Video Depicting the Beauty In Color
With #MyBeautyMySay Dove Encourages Women To Define Their Own Beauty Standards [Video] Empowerment
The 60-second campaign video exemplifies that beauty comes in many forms.
In a sixty-second video featuring nine women in careers ranging from burlesque dancer to beauty blogger, Dove aims to...
Why We Can’t Really Judge Lil’ Kim Without Confronting Misogynoir Mind, Body & Soul, RYSE News
The former rapper’s transformation is emblematic of internalized anti-blackness and Misogynoir.
Though she didn’t quite break the internet, many were left speechless in the wake of Lil Kim’s most recent photos, revealing...
#UnfairAndLovely Advocates For The Beauty Of Darker Complexions And Against Skin Lightening Creams Empowerment, Style
Pax Jones and other indignant women prove that you can win with dark skin, too!
Colorism – placing lighter skin tones at the pinnacle of the beauty scale – is a process as detrimental...
Obama Shares His Insight About The Effects Of American Beauty Standards On Black Women Style
His two opinionated daughters give him the inside scoop on the challenges of being a young, black, and female.
The job obligations of POTUS bring constant challenges, but Barack Obama still makes the time to think about the...
American Obsession With The Features Of Black Women Exposed Style
Stunning photo series called “Erosion” depicts the appropriation of black female features.
The combined efforts of photographer Daniel Stewart and creative director Imani Love led to the creation of a...
Embody Awards “Transforming Fashion” Theme Honors Bay Area Designers Creating Body Positive Clothing Style
About-Face nonprofit encourages clothing for plus-sized, lesbian, and gender-fluid women
Just two weeks after the typically stick-thin models walk the runway for New York Fashion Week, San Francisco hosted...
MAC Cosmetics Receives Racist Backlash To Instagram Photo Of Black Model’s Full Lips Style
Will Black Features Ever be Acceptably Beautiful?
On Wednesday evening MAC cosmetics shared a photo of a black woman that was taken backstage at the Ohne...
- A First Lady and a Final Farewell: The 2 Dope Queens Podcast Ends With Michelle Obama
- African American Film Critics Association Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary
- AFRO And CLEO TV To Join Comcast's Xfinity TV In January 2019
- Red Table Talk Discusses Racism: WOC vs. White Women With Jane Elliott
- 'I Like Me': Our Forever First Lady Talks to Oprah for Elle Magazine
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Remembering Eartha: 11 Eartha Kitt Quotes on Life and Love
- Two Entrepreneurs Leverage The Power Of Relationships To Have A Positive Impact In Their Community
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- representation matters
- Social Media
- Women's history month