Neijae Graham-Henries has a philanthropic spirit that is to be admired. This past summer, the 8-year-old Philadelphia resident attended the...
Youth on the RYSE
9-Year-Old Raises $28K in Kickstarter Campaign for Accessories Business Business Sense, On the RYSE, Youth on the RYSE
Gabrielle Goodwin is the CEO and Founder of her own accessories company “Gabby’s Bows”.
At the tender age of only 9 years of age, Gabrielle Goodwin is the CEO and Founder of her...
Four Courageous Muslim-American Teens Battle Islamophobia With ‘Wake Up America’ Slam Poem [Video] Empowerment, Youth on the RYSE
“I think people like Donald Trump want Muslims banned out of fear. They are scared of the unknown and they are scared of change.”
Slam poetry – a form of poetry written primarily to be performed – is a powerful tool for publically...
St. John’s College Students Spread Reproductive Health Knowledge With “Supergirls Of Zimbabwe” Empowerment, Youth on the RYSE
The Supergirls of Zimbabwe project will facilitate reproductive health education for young women in Bulawayo and Harare, Zimbabwe.
When Adna Arnaout traveled roughly 5,888 miles from Zenica, Bosnia to meet her roommate Claire Watts – who traveled...
9-Year-Old Girl Uses Her #BlackGirlMagic To Help Homeless Women [Video] Youth on the RYSE
Her charity, Khloe Kares, provides homeless women with necessary hygiene implements.
At only nine years old, Khloe Thompson decided to take action to help homeless women in her community. She was...
Drive Change Teams Up With The Snowday Food Truck To Help Formerly Incarcerated Youth Empowerment, Youth on the RYSE
Jordyn Lexton's non-profit organization helps formerly Incarcerated youth.
Non-profit organization Drive Change hires young people recently released from prison to operate a food truck. Young offenders typically struggle,...
Read All About It: Nine-Year-Old Novice Reporter Tells Big Story And Takes No Guff Trailblazers, Youth on the RYSE
After belittling feedback from her story on a local murder, Hilde Kate Lysiak told the world that she’s a serious reporter.
With news happening almost every single second of the day, it’s nearly impossible to imagine that every single story...
Third Grader Lauren Laray Helps Cancer Patients Feel Pretty Again With Handmade Wigs Featured, Youth on the RYSE
This awesome young woman was inspired by her best friend’s sister being diagnosed with cancer.
Las Vegas, Nevada resident Lauren Laray is not your typical 8-year-old. She spends her time after school making YouTube...
Angy Paola Rivera Exemplifies The Power Of Undocumented Youth In American Society Empowerment, Youth on the RYSE
At 25-years-old, this incredibly strong young woman is on a path that only goes up
25 year-old Angy Paola Rivera has not had an easy life. After leaving her home country of Colombia with...
- “#CornerstoreCaroline” Apologizes To Black Boy She Falsely Accused Of Sexual Assault
- Couples AirBNB nightmare nearly turns violent when host jumps through glass window
- 8-Year-Old Barber Neijae Graham-Henries Celebrates Passing Barber Training By Giving Free Haircuts To The Community
- Five breast cancer organizations that help communities of color
- Tracee Ellis Ross Wears 10 Looks By Black Designers At American Music Awards
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Two Entrepreneurs Leverage The Power Of Relationships To Have A Positive Impact In Their Community
- Bernie Sanders May Have Won Wisconsin, But Wisconsin Lost Itself
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- Social Media
- Women's history month