While growing up most children aspire to become doctors, lawyers, police officers, maybe even firefighters. On rare occasion do...
Paint It Black: The British Fashion Awards Announce 2018 Nominees, and Black Models Dominate Arts & Entertainment, Featured, Style
The nominees will include Winnie Harlow, Adut Akech, and Louis Vuitton artistic director Virgil Abloh.
Black beauty continues to disrupt and redefine the fashion industry, this time dominating the Model of the Year category...
‘The Season of Style’: OSK Styles Owner Omar Kinnebrew Takes Calculated Risk In The Name Of Fashion Business Sense, Featured, On the RYSE, Style
Kinnebrew talks finding your passion, how a man knows he has style and forgetting the safety net
After transitioning into adulthood, there are a few recurring themes I’ve noticed. 1.) Nobody has life fully figured out....
This Is How We Do It: Essence’s September Issue—Starring Naomi!—Is a Study in Black Excellence Featured, Style
Black women are gracing 50 percent of 2018 fall fashion issues, true black girl magic!
Leave it to Essence to remind us what black excellence looks like on both sides of the camera. Making their contribution...
Taraji P. Henson Partners with MAC Cosmetics Style
The actress will have her first major collaboration with major makeup line
The star of the small and silver screen, Taraji P. Henson will be collaborating with major beauty brand MAC...
Beyoncé Awarded CFDA Fashion Icon Award Style
The singer joins the ranks of Iman, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kate Moss
Beyoncé took home the CFDA Fashion Icon Award last night at the annual CFDA awards. The Council of Fashion...
Checkout The Sneak Peak of the Autumn/Winter Ivy Park Line Style
Beyoncé's second collection of Ivy Park introduces new colors and items
After the success of her first Ivy Park athleisure line, Beyoncé is moving forward with another collection for the...
Who run the Met? BEY! Ever since Beyonce made her first appearance at fashion’s most prestigious ball in 2008, she...
- 'I Like Me': Our Forever First Lady Talks to Oprah for Elle Magazine
- Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade Welcome the Daughter They've Always Deserved
- THE BLACK WOMEN WHO MADE HISTORY THIS ELECTION SEASON
- 19 Black Women Ran For Judicial Seats In Houston, Texas; 19 Black Women Are Now Judges In Houston, Texas.
- Five takeaways from a divisive midterm election
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Remembering Eartha: 11 Eartha Kitt Quotes on Life and Love
- Two Entrepreneurs Leverage The Power Of Relationships To Have A Positive Impact In Their Community
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- representation matters
- Social Media
- Women's history month