Anok Yai was just 19 when she attended Howard University’s famous homecoming celebrations in October 2017 to visit a friend. A photo...
10 Year-Old Celai West Dominates Life’s Runway, Acting, and Using Her Platform For Positive Influence Featured, Style, Youth on the RYSE
The ten-year-old businesswoman, CEO, fashion and runway model is living her dream while staying focused on the bigger picture.
While growing up most children aspire to become doctors, lawyers, police officers, maybe even firefighters. On rare occasion do...
Paint It Black: The British Fashion Awards Announce 2018 Nominees, and Black Models Dominate Arts & Entertainment, Featured, Style
The nominees will include Winnie Harlow, Adut Akech, and Louis Vuitton artistic director Virgil Abloh.
Black beauty continues to disrupt and redefine the fashion industry, this time dominating the Model of the Year category...
‘The Season of Style’: OSK Styles Owner Omar Kinnebrew Takes Calculated Risk In The Name Of Fashion Business Sense, Featured, On the RYSE, Style
Kinnebrew talks finding your passion, how a man knows he has style and forgetting the safety net
After transitioning into adulthood, there are a few recurring themes I’ve noticed. 1.) Nobody has life fully figured out....
This Is How We Do It: Essence’s September Issue—Starring Naomi!—Is a Study in Black Excellence Featured, Style
Black women are gracing 50 percent of 2018 fall fashion issues, true black girl magic!
Leave it to Essence to remind us what black excellence looks like on both sides of the camera. Making their contribution...
Taraji P. Henson Partners with MAC Cosmetics Style
The actress will have her first major collaboration with major makeup line
The star of the small and silver screen, Taraji P. Henson will be collaborating with major beauty brand MAC...
Beyoncé Awarded CFDA Fashion Icon Award Style
The singer joins the ranks of Iman, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kate Moss
Beyoncé took home the CFDA Fashion Icon Award last night at the annual CFDA awards. The Council of Fashion...
Checkout The Sneak Peak of the Autumn/Winter Ivy Park Line Style
Beyoncé's second collection of Ivy Park introduces new colors and items
After the success of her first Ivy Park athleisure line, Beyoncé is moving forward with another collection for the...
- South Sudanese College Student Whose Homecoming Photo Went Viral is Now on the Cover of Elle Magazine
- The Meaning of Kwanzaa: The History, Principles, Symbols, Colors, Candles and Food Celebrating Cultural Heritage
- Steph Curry Writes Response To Letter From 9-Year-Old Questioning Lack of Girl Sizes From His Shoe Collection
- CNN Fires Marc Lamont Hill After Israel Comments
- Power of the Pen: Meek Mill Pens Essay For New York Times
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Remembering Eartha: 11 Eartha Kitt Quotes on Life and Love
- Women's History Month Spotlight: Judy Garland
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- representation matters
- Social Media
- Women's history month