“Like many who are now incarcerated, I was the victim of a miscarriage of justice. I got lucky, but...
Who Does Erykah Badu Make Music For? Women Like Me And You Arts & Entertainment, Featured, IJS
Honored at the 2018 Soul Train Awards, Badu is a Living Legend, receiving the Legend Award.
The 2018 Soul Train Awards aired Sunday night and no time was wasted. The relationship between Tichina Arnold and...
Dad’s Struggle To Change Son’s Diaper In Men’s Room Raises Calls For Parity Featured, IJS, Spark
Donte Palmer said fathers "need to be seen as equal" with changing tables in men's restrooms.
A Florida father is calling for diaper-changing tables to be installed in men’s restrooms after he was forced to...
It’s Bigger Than a Hip Hop Exhibit: What the Controversy Around White Curators in Black Spaces Reveals Arts & Entertainment, Featured, IJS
Timothy Ann Burnside raises question about her curatorial position at the National Museum of African American History and Culture
It wasn’t breaking news, by any means: Timothy Ann Burnside, a Specialist in Curatorial Affairs at the National Museum...
Polygamy In The Black Community: Why Do We Really Opt For It? Featured, IJS
Shows like Insecure show us that polygamy, specifically open marriages are becoming the new 'thing'
Since childhood, I’ve known that African-Americans are as eclectic as we wanna be. We are literally assorted chocolates and...
Confessions Of A College Graduate: Setting Boundaries IJS
Why establishing and implementing boundaries is good for your health and relationships.
Boundary (n): a limit of a subject or sphere of activity. Why is it important to have boundaries, my...
Concentration camps are now “Holocaust centers” and we all know alternative facts are just a fancier way of telling...
Sex Expert Says Black Women Unhappy Because They’re Not Having Great Sex Book Club, IJS, Love & Happiness, Mind, Body & Soul, Newsticker
Dr. Andrea Pennington, Author of The Orgasm Prescription For Women, says all Women should Climax at Least Three Times a Week
This article originally appeared on Medium.com A few years ago I appeared on The Dr. Oz Show, a...
- Metro Buses Converted Into Mobile Food Markets For Low Income Neighborhoods
- 6 Impressive Black-Owned, Non-Beauty Subscription Boxes
- Meet Kiko Davis, the Only Black Woman in the U.S. Who Owns Her Own Bank
- Sen. Kamala Harris Announces 2020 Presidential Candidacy
- South Sudanese College Student Whose Homecoming Photo Went Viral is Now on the Cover of Elle Magazine
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Remembering Eartha: 11 Eartha Kitt Quotes on Life and Love
- Women's History Month Spotlight: Judy Garland
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- representation matters
- Social Media
- Women's history month