Kicked off by the Tri-Cities high school marching band, the 2018 RIDE Conference hosted by Atlanta based media platform...
‘The Season of Style’: OSK Styles Owner Omar Kinnebrew Takes Calculated Risk In The Name Of Fashion Business Sense, Featured, On the RYSE, Style
Kinnebrew talks finding your passion, how a man knows he has style and forgetting the safety net
After transitioning into adulthood, there are a few recurring themes I’ve noticed. 1.) Nobody has life fully figured out....
LeBron James has opened a public elementary school, and grads can attend college for free Business Sense, Empowerment, Featured
The Akron, Ohio native gives back to his community in a way many have only dreamed of.
LeBron James has long supported education initiatives in his hometown of Akron, Ohio and across the country, but this week marks...
Business Owner, Susan Reddick Talks About the Art of Giving Back Business Sense, Featured, On the RYSE
The former paralegal has managed to build multiple businesses as well as start a mentor program helping to develop young girls
I quickly realized that Susan Reddick’s work ethic was different from most when she agreed to an interview on...
John Shumate, Eastbay VP of Marketing Talks Winning, Social Media, and Hip Hop Business Sense, Featured, On the RYSE
The marketing professional shares career insights and how black millennials influence cultural trends
What does the Vice President of Marketing for Eastbay know about Ace Hood, Rick Ross, Waka Flocka? Deeper than...
How Exceptional Black Women Lead — A Conversation With Dr. Avis Jones DeWeever Business Sense
Dr. DeWeever’s latest book helps black women realize their full potential
Dr. Avis Jones-DeWeever’s latest book, How Exceptional Black Women Lead: Unlocking the Secrets to Phenomenal Success in Career and...
Bozoma Saint John is Leaving Uber for Endeavor Business Sense, Featured, On the RYSE
The high-profile marketing guru will become CMO at the entertainment conglomerate.
The high-profile executive Bozoma Saint John has left Uber for Endeavor, sources say and Uber confirms. She will become...
Black Photographers Land Six-Figure Book Deal Showcasing Natural Hair Arts & Entertainment, Business Sense, Featured
Kahran & Regis Bethencourt built their business taking pictures of black girls and the beauty of their curly afro crowns
Kahran and Regis Bethencourt have made a thriving career out of taking pictures featuring black girls and the beauty of their curly...
Starbucks Names Former Sam’s Club CEO Rosalind Brewer As Chief Operating Officer Business Sense, On the RYSE
Brewer is the first woman, and first African American, to hold such a high post at Starbucks.
Rosalind Brewer has been named group President and Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Starbucks Corp., effective Oct. 2. Ms....
- “#CornerstoreCaroline” Apologizes To Black Boy She Falsely Accused Of Sexual Assault
- Couples AirBNB nightmare nearly turns violent when host jumps through glass window
- 8-Year-Old Barber Neijae Graham-Henries Celebrates Passing Barber Training By Giving Free Haircuts To The Community
- Five breast cancer organizations that help communities of color
- Tracee Ellis Ross Wears 10 Looks By Black Designers At American Music Awards
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Two Entrepreneurs Leverage The Power Of Relationships To Have A Positive Impact In Their Community
- Bernie Sanders May Have Won Wisconsin, But Wisconsin Lost Itself
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- Social Media
- Women's history month