By Kenyon & Taccara Martin O.K. let’s go ahead and get it out there, Valentine’s Day articles are...
Sex Expert Says Black Women Unhappy Because They’re Not Having Great Sex
Book Club, IJS, Love & Happiness, Mind, Body & Soul, Newsticker
Dr. Andrea Pennington, Author of The Orgasm Prescription For Women, says all Women should Climax at Least Three Times a Week
This article originally appeared on Medium.com A few years ago I appeared on The Dr. Oz Show, a...
5 Ways to Manifest The Life You Want
Book Club, Empowerment, Mind, Body & Soul, Newsticker
Author of What You Don't Know About Your Soul Shares Simple Steps to Manifest Anything You Want
Manifesting is the materialization of things you know and believe to be true. Whether in theory or for...
“Wimmen’s Comix” Taught Young Women, Feminism Is Anti-Sexism, Not Just Anti-Male
Book Club, Empowerment, Newsticker
Trina Robbins replicated her own experience of comics; ““They made me feel like I could be the heroine of a comic book, like I could be anything.”
A typical dictionary describes feminism as “the advocacy of women’s rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic...
Princess Arabella Books Teach Little Black Girls They Can Be Princesses Too
Book Club, Empowerment
With her orange dress, dark skin, and kinky hair, Arabella broadens the definition of what it means to be a princess.
Mylo Freeman, a black Dutch author and illustrator, was inspired to write her Princess Arabella books after she heard...
Author and screenwriter J.K Rowling may be a muggle, but her extraordinary life proves that one does not need...
Women’s History Month Spotlight: bell hooks
Arts & Entertainment, Book Club, Featured
An influential contributor to working class feminist theory.
bell hooks is an extremely influential American author, feminist and social activist. Her iconic pen name is derived from her maternal...
‘To Kill a Mockingbird’ Author, Harper Lee, dies at 89
Pulitzer Prize winner, the "Jane Austen of south Alabama," and American novelist lives a successful life...
Lovers of literature are wiping their eyes of tears as they discover the death of American novelist and Pulitzer...
- 23-year-old Lauren Simmons Graduates To NYSE Floor
- San Francisco Elects Their First African American Female Mayor
- How Exceptional Black Women Lead -- A Conversation With Dr. Avis Jones DeWeever
- Pull Up A Seat To The Red Table
- Bozoma Saint John is Leaving Uber for Endeavor
- Wisconsin Officially More Racist Than Arizona
- FAMU Grad Creates a Revolutionary (and Discreet) Dating Site for Single Professionals
- 12 Women Who Are On The RYSE In Atlanta
- Bernie Sanders May Have Won Wisconsin, But Wisconsin Lost Itself
- Two Entrepreneurs Leverage The Power Of Relationships To Have A Positive Impact In Their Community
- Beauty Standards
- black business
- Black Excellence
- black girl magic
- black history
- Black Lives Matter
- Black women
- civil rights
- Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Michelle Obama
- Police Brutality
- President Obama
- Women's history month